Anay R. Patel, M.D.Arthritis and Osteoarthrosis, Diseases of the Hip & Knee, Hip Replacement, Hip Surgery, Joint Replacement, Knee Replacement
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital
- ABOS - Board Certified
- Undergraduate: Duke University, 2005
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2009
- Inernship: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 2010
- Residency: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 2014
- Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, 2015
- Patel AR, Sweeney P, Ochenjele G, Wixson R, Stulberg SD, Puri LM. “Radiographically Silent Loosening of the Acetabular Component in Total Hip Arthroplasty.” Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2015 Sep;44(9):406-10.
- Patel AR, Barlow B, Ranawat AS. “Stem Length in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty.” Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2015 Sep 14.
- Goyal NM, Patel AR, Yaffe MA, Stulberg SF. “Does Implant Design Influence the Accuracy of Patient Specific Instrumentation in Total Knee Arthroplasty?” J Arthroplasty. 2015 Sep;30(9):1526-30. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2015.03.019. Epub 2015 Mar 31.
- Patel, AR, Talati, RK, Yaffe, MA, McCoy, BW, Stulberg, SD. “Femoral Component Rotation in Total Knee Arthroplasty: An MRI-Based Assessment of our Options.” J Arthroplasty. 2014 Mar 5. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24746490
- Yaffe M, Luo M, Goyal N, Chan P, Patel A, Cayo M, Stulberg SD. “Clinical,functional, and radiographic outcomes following total knee arthroplasty withpatient-specific instrumentation, computer-assisted surgery, and manual instrumentation: a short-term follow-up study.” Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2013 Dec 13. [Epub ahead of print]. Pubmed PMID: 24337791
- Patel AR, Ghate R, Stulberg SD. “Safe and Accurate Total Knee Replacement Utilizing Patient-Specific Guides.” Techniques in Orthopaedics, Vol 28, Number 2, 2013.
- Patel AR, Patel RM, Thomas D, Bauer TW, Stulberg SD. “Caveat Emptor: Two Case Reports of Adverse Inflammatory Soft Tissue Reactions in Total Hip Arthroplasty with Modular Femoral Necks.” JBJS Case Connector, 2012 Dec 26;2(4):e80 1–6.
- Yaffe, MA, Patel, AR, McCoy, BW Luo, M, Cayo, MA, Ghate, R, Stulberg, SD. “Customized Instrumentation and Computer-Assisted Surgery Technology in Total Knee Arthroplasty.” The Journal of Biomedical Engineering, 10;57(4):277-82, 2012
- Patel AR; Crist MK; Nemitz J; Mayerson JL. 2010. “Aspirin and Compression Devices versus Low-molecular-weight Heparin and PCD for VTE Prophylaxis in Orthopaedic Oncology Patients.” Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2010 Sep 1;102(3):276-81.
- Patel AR, Manolo JP, Stover MD. Skeletally Mature Acetabular Dysplasia: Epidemiology, Natural History, Clinical Presentation, Imaging Studies, Non-Operative Treatment, Operative Treatment. Hip Arthroscopy and Hip Joint Preservation Surgery. Springer New York, Chapter 44, p. 583-598
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Alan W. Yasko Award for Outstanding Research Presentation Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicne, Chicago, Illinois Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2014.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Book an Appointment
- Direct Office: (713) 794-3381
- Email a Staff