Dr. Williamson is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine surgery. He has been treating complex spine problems in the greater Houston area for over 25 years. His training at UT Southwestern/Parkland Hospital in Dallas, the NHS in England with fellowships in both Spine Surgery (Baylor) and Sports Medicine (Cleveland Clinic) give him a broad perspective for treating and resolving spine issues. Dr. Williamson strongly believes that patient education and participation while partnering with an experienced surgeon to help guide decision making for these complex issues is the key to excellent patient outcomes.
Dr Williamson also serves as Medical Director and Chairman for OrthoLoneStar which is committed to providing the highest quality orthopedic care across the state of Texas while putting the patient’s best interest first. His experience in these roles gives him a unique perspective for understanding the complexity of health care and how it affects the individual patient.
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital
- ABOS - ORS
- Undergraduate: Texas Tech University 1983
- Medical School: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston 1987
- Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital 1992
- Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation 1993
- Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine 1994
- Tencer AF, Viegas SF, Cantrell J, Chang M, Clegg P, Hicks C, O’Meara C, Williamson JB: Pressure distribution in the wrist joint. J Orthop Res 1988; 6(4):509-517.
- Viegas SF, Tencer AF, Cantrell J, Chang M, Clegg P, Hicks C, O’Meara C.Williamson JB: Load transfer characteristics of the wrist. Part II. Perilunate instability. J. Hand Surg 1987; 12A:978-985.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- Texas Medical Association