- What should I bring to my first appointment and thereafter as appropriate?
- Your driver’s license or state issued identification card
- Your health insurance card, for each insurance company you have active coverage
- Emergency contact information, including name and phone numbers
- Radiology Images, including MRI, CT, etc. please bring the disk from the facility where you had your test completed, also bring the reports or readings too.
- Primary Care and Referring Provider contact information
- Pre-certification / authorization paperwork provided by your PCP / Referring provider, if appropriate.
- Clinical forms that were sent to you prior to your visit by our office, or can be downloaded online here.
- Payment method for your visit, currently we accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Payment for deductibles, copays and coinsurance–Payment options include cash, checks, and the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
- Insurance General Information: For patients with accepted medical insurance, the clinic will bill the insurance carrier directly. Please verify your health plan coverage and benefits are active on your insurance carrier’s website or contacting your insurance carrier directly via the phone number provided on the back of the card. Our providers participate in the majority of the large insurance carrier networks, if you have specific questions about participation, please contact your insurance carrier directly for the most up to date information. There are times when your insurance carrier will process your claim and need additional information from you, such as accident forms, student status forms, etc. It is your responsibility to complete the necessary forms and return them to your insurance carrier promptly. Please understand and comply with all of their insurance carrier’s requirements. Some carriers do not pay for certain items such as ace bandages, items without a hinge, etc. if it is determined during your visit these items are necessary for your care, you will be notified of your responsibility prior to receiving these items.
- Medicare Information: Our physicians participate in the Medicare network. We only collect the appropriate Medicare deductibles, coinsurance, and copays as determined by your electronic benefits information. If you participate in a Medicare Replacement Plan, please bring your insurance cards Medicare and your replacement plan. If your replacement plan requires a referral, please ensure you have the referral information as required by your insurance carrier prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Medicaid Information: Our physicians participate in the Medicaid network and are currently accepting patients, however, not all of our physicians are participating providers with all Medicaid HMO plans. Please bring a copy of your insurance card. Please ensure all the necessary referrals that are required by your insurance carrier are obtained prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Self-Pay Information: Please call our main number at (713) 799-2300 and you will be connected to a financial counselor. At this time the financial counselor may be able to suggest funding options that may be available to you such as Texas Medicaid, the Department of Assisted Rehabilitative Services (DARS), the Texas’ Crime Victims’ Funds, etc. They will also be able to help you set up an appropriate payment plan.
- Billing/Statements: Statement are for Fondren Orthopedic Group physician(s) and their ancillary services only. You may receive a statement from other providers, facilities, or hospitals, please contact the provider on the statement for additional information. Our statement will reflect your charges billed that have not been resolved or balances that are your responsibility. If you have questions regarding how your insurance carrier processed your claim, please contact your insurance carrier. If you would like to discuss your statement or would like to make payment arrangements you can do so by visiting our payment website or by calling (713) 799-2300. Our patient financial representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM, except holidays.
If you have questions regarding a statement you received from Texas Orthopedic Hospital (TOH) please visit their website at TOH Website or call 1-866-783-4549.
- Payment Arrangements: If you would like to setup payment arrangements online, please Click here to make a payment via our secure payment portal.